Meet Dr. Thomson
Jordan Thomson, D.O., is a board-certified ophthalmologist and has successfully performed thousands of refractive eye surgeries. He specializes in cataract and LASIK surgery and is also an expert with Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) surgery for the correction of high myopia. As Chief of Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery at Fort Hood, TX, he led one of the busiest refractive surgery centers in the military. Dr. Thomson is a former LASIK patient himself and is passionate about helping others achieve their best possible vision.
Dr. Thomson is married with three children and happy to be at Brooks Eye Associates. He looks forward to meeting and serving you.
Formal Education and Training
- BS – Utah Valley University (2006)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) – Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2010)
- Internship – National Capital Consortium/Walter Reed NMMC (2011)
- Lancaster Course in Ophthalmology – Harvard University/Colby College (2012)
- Ophthalmology Residency – Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (2014); awarded the Superior Unit Award
- Darnall Army Medical Center (Fort Hood, TX) – Chief of Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery (2014-2018); awarded Army Achievement Medal and Army Commendation Medal
Dr. Thomson served in the armed forces on active duty and honorably completed his military service as a US Army Major. He also worked as an Assistant Professor of Surgery for the Texas A&M College of Medicine.
As part of his commitment to staying on top of the latest developments in ophthalmology, Dr. Thomson is a member of the following organizations:
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Refractive Surgery Alliance