Meet Dr. Brooks
Dain B. Brooks, MD is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in cataract surgery, refractive surgery (including LASIK and PRK), and eyelid surgery. After graduating with honors (Alpha Omega Alpha) from the George Washington University School of Medicine in 2002, Dr. Brooks went on to complete his ophthalmology training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. During his training and at subsequent Army medical centers, he had the honor of treating eye injuries suffered by Soldiers in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
Formal Education and Training
- BA – Brigham Young University (1995)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) – The George Washington University School of Medicine (2002)
- Internship – Walter Reed Army Medical Center (2003)
- Residency – Walter Reed Army Medical Center (2006); awarded Army Commendation Medal
- Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital (Fort Polk, La) – Chief of Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery (2006–2008); awarded Meritorious Service Medal
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX) – Chief of Comprehensive Ophthalmology (2008–2010); awarded Meritorious Service Medal
Dr. Brooks was selected as Faculty Member of the Year in 2009 by the San Antonio Military Ophthalmology Residency Program. In addition to his numerous awards and recognition, Dr. Brooks’ work has been published in several national and international clinical journals.
As part of his commitment to staying on top of the latest developments in ophthalmology, Dr. Brooks is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Ophthalmologic Association
- Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Brooks is married with four children and enjoys traveling with his family, biking, tennis, and church service in his spare time. He also frequently participates in international cataract surgery medical missions. He is fluent in Spanish.
Medical Mission Trips
Whenever possible, Dr. Brooks enjoys participating in cataract surgery medical missions to meet the needs of people without direct access to advanced eye care in other countries. The photo below is from one of his medical mission trips to Honduras.
If you live in Plano, Frisco, or the Dallas area and are looking for an experienced ophthalmologist you can trust, please contact Dr. Dain Brooks today or call (972) 403-1110 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to meeting you and working with you to restore your vision.