The decision to have cataract surgery should be made between you and your doctor. Your Dallas/Fort Worth cataract surgeon should ask you to consider certain questions before you choose to have the procedure:
· Are your vision problems preventing you from safely performing your job and driving?
· Is reading or watching TV becoming an impossible task?
· Are you unable to go shopping, cook, do yard work or other daily tasks without difficulty?
· Are you unable to see faces clearly?
· Is the glare from headlights making it hard for you to drive at night?
· Is your vision making it difficult for you to maintain an independent lifestyle?